You CAN Transfer Schools With NO Problem, When You Deal With Nomen Global Language Centers!

5 Facts for International Students on F1 Visas in the U.S
The F1 visa category is reserved for academic students enrolled in colleges, universities, high schools, language training programs, and other academic institutions. The first step for a prospective student is being accepted for enrollment in an established school (University/College) which is SEVP certified. 
Nomen Global Language Centers created this list of the most common questions from and for international students on rules and regulations regarding the F1 student visa:
What are the requirements for F1 student visas?
§  You must be attending an academic institution or a language-training program;
§  You must be enrolled as a full-time student;
§  The school must be approved by the USICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to accept foreign students;
§  You must show sufficient financial support to complete the study;
§  You must prove that you do not intend to abandon your foreign residency.
Can I travel outside the US?
Yes.  You may return to the US after an absence of no more than five months. You must have a new F1 visa if your original one has expired. Have your designated school official sign your I-20 before leaving the US.

Can I transfer to a different school?

Yes, absolutely! It is extremely easy.  It is your legal right to change schools for any reason you wish, or for NO reason at all!  You must notify your current school and work with the designated school official (DSO) to transfer your SEVIS record.  They cannot withhold your SEVIS record from you and your new school for ANY reason! You also need to obtain a new I-20 from your new school, and give the completed I-20 to your new DSO within 15 days of transfer date.  Call Nomen Global Language Centers for the latest information on this important subject, at 801-377-3223.
Can I work in the U.S.?
F-1 visas are intended to enable foreign students to study in the U.S., hence, there are strict work restrictions. Students with F-1 visas are generally allowed to work on the campus of the university at which they study for up to 20 hours a week. There are also two training programs that F-1 students can get permission to work under.  F1 students should always seek advice from the DSO (or foreign student advisor) before seeking employment in the United States.

How long can I stay in the U.S. with a F1 visa?

When you enter the US, an immigration officer at the port of entry will issue you an I-94 card that indicates your non-immigrant status (F1) and your authorized stay. It is typically “Duration of Status” or “D/S” on a student’s I-94 card, meaning that you may remain in the U.S. as long as you are enrolled in the school to complete your academic program. After the program ends you will have 60 days to depart the U.S. 

1 comment:

  1. F-1 visa is fairly simple to apply for and lets you stay & travel throughout the U.S as long as you are a student and also provides you opportunity to bring your Spouse and any children under the age of 21 into the country while you are here studying.

    F-1 Visa