Happy Fourth of July!
As America prepares to celebrate her official birthday on the Fourth of July, the whole world remains thankful for the liberty that our Constitution has generated – not only in our own land, but in many others.
There are many American documents that speak deeply about the dream of democracy and liberty:
· Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address.
· The Mayflower Compact of 1620.
· John F. Kennedy’s speech: Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You.
· Martin Luther King’s address: I Have a Dream.
· Uncle Tom’s Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
· Washington’s Farewell Address.
These works, and many others, encourage not just Americans, but hearten every other nation that strives for equality and better conditions for all its citizens.
Nomen Global Language Center, in Provo, Utah, takes this opportunity to wish every person in every country the world over a happy Fourth of July – and takes pride in asserting that English is the Language of Freedom!